Monday 16 May 2011

Latest Silhouette Design - Rosette Flower Tutorial


This is the lenght of the rosette flower, when cut from my Craft Robo/Silhouette


Start at one end with either a valley or mountain fold and continue with these folds all the way to the end


I use a little bit of wet glue to stick the ends together, slotting one end over the other.






To make the rosette flower, I hold it so my thumbs are at the top and index finger at the bottom and gently bend the top inwards to make the flower shape, they do like to flip back at you, so a little firm pressure is needed to press the centre inwards! I have stuck this rosette flower to a piece of card, I put the wet glue on the card first, and then adjusted the flower shape until I was happy, just pressed down for a few seconds to make sure the glue caught all the central pieces and the above is my finished result.

You can use any type of card or quite heavyweight pattern paper entirely up to you, I found with thinner paper, that it didn't hold the shape very well and sort of collapsed! I then use a candy dot for my central bud or a smaller flower, just to hide the centre bits! I hope I have explained this ok to you, any questions then please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for looking

Hugs

Sandra

No comments:

SandraCraftyCardz Etsy Shop Lots of personalised Gifts Available for everyone!